Dream Reflections


I'm a believer in the importance of dreams as a messenger from the sub-conscious to the conscious self. I always promise myself that I will record my dreams in an effort to extract any meanings or symbols which may need to be brought to the attention of my conscious self. However as dreams are subjective it is difficult to come to any clear conclusion.

Anyway the dream I'm about to share with you, left me feeling very disturbed upon waking up. I felt unsettled and disorientated.

I was in my house and had just woken up. I padded into the bathroom to find all the bathroom tiles cracked, some completely broken off, whilst whole sections were hanging suspended centimetres away from the wall. I was horrified and insanely angry! I assumed it was my son. He had a friend sleep over the previous evening who was a bit of a naughty character. I went downstairs in a blind rage and asked why they had done it. They just laughed and laughed and smirked. This incensed me further. I inspected the rest of the house, to find that all the plugs had been cut of all of the kitchen appliances.

I dragged my son upstairs and demanded to know why he had done it, that he had never behaved like this before, he laughed and smirked and was very rude and nonchalant. I throttled him! But even this did not stop him from laughing and carrying on in this uncharacteristic fashion. There it ends. Not quite sure what to make of it.

However the strength of feeling was so strong, that even writing about it now, provokes that same unsettled feeling in my chest. I have made an effort to check meanings of individual symbols in the dream such as strangling, tiles and bathroom.

For now, I'm happy to record the details. I will come back to the dream should any flash of clarity or understanding presents itself. Alternatively, feel free to share any opinions, should you by some remote chance stumble upon this blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!

Pages

About this blog

Followers

Powered by Blogger.